I believe transformation is possible for every educator.
Though the journey is not a straight line, you can indeed become an educator who is engaged, empowered and enthusiastically motivated by purpose.
Albert Einstein shed light on a crucial concept that must be embraced for the transformation journey to begin, “Problems cannot be solved with the same mindset that created them.”
To see sustained transformation in the way you lead, teach and educate, you must adopt a new perspective. True change happens from the inside out.
You can do three things today to kickstart your transformation process:
- Invest in yourself. Commit to personal mastery of what works. You are your greatest asset. Take the time to find opportunities that will advance your skillset and expand your knowledge.
- Attend a Solution Tree Event. Commit to join me alongside other Solution Tree experts at a workshop, institute or summit this year!
- Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. I look forward to seeing you this month at The Summit on PLC at Work®!
2. Identify the beliefs that are driving your behaviors.
What you believe determines when and how you act. If you’d like to change your actions, it’s necessary to change your beliefs. This year, choose to adopt at least two beliefs from the list below:
- I believe change begins with me.
- I believe all students can be learn at high levels.
- I believe every student has a purpose.
- I believe what I do today is impacting future generations.
- I believe my current situation can change.
- I believe change is a collaborative effort and I commit to learning my way out.
3. Inquire by reflecting on what is working and what must be changed to produce results.
As we begin a new decade, remember why you began as an educator. Take a few moments and think about:
- What initially drew you to the field of education?
- Why do you continue to show up day after day, year after year?
- Why are you committed to preparing your students for their future?
- What could be preventing you from being fully committed to your craft and those in your care?
Make 2020 the year you transform. What steps are you taking toward transformation this year? Leave a comment below!